As a global supplier of transport and logistics services, DSV offers great career opportunities to the right individuals. When employed with DSV you will receive the requisite training to develop the professional competences that will benefit your future career with DSV.
DSV is looking for Warehouse Operators.
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
• Current or past material handling certification may be required on specific types of equipment based on the nature of the business.
• Must have at least 3 months of relevant work experience and/or other training; will consider an equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
• Must have prior experience using material handling equipment.
• Prior experience using RF scanner.
• Prior experience working in a distribution environment.
• Will perform warehouse activities for the Picking, Shipping, and/or Receiving Departments.
• May be required to assist other departments in the operation.
• Will rely on instructions and pre-established procedures to perform daily job tasks.
Shipping Department Responsibilities:
• Using a gas or electric powered forklift to load outbound shipments, move product, and stack products or materials.
• Efficiently and accurately loading orders according to the appropriate doors and trailers.
Receiving Department Responsibilities:
• Using a gas or electric powered forklift to unload inbound shipments, count and label incoming product, move, replenish, stack and store products or materials.
• Efficiently and accurately locating and placing products in the appropriate storage areas.
Picking Department Responsibilities:
• Using a gas or electric powered forklift to accurately pick orders to fulfill customer demands.
• Efficiently and accurately picking products and staging in the appropriate areas. Will stack, package, band, shrink wrap, and label product(s).
• Maintaining a clean, neat, orderly work area, and assist in security of the warehouse.
You will also be responsible for:
• Maintaining equipment and reporting any equipment problems.
• Inspecting and performing minor maintenance on the forklift or other equipment.
• Adhering to the safety rules, Basic Safety Forklift Guidelines, and OSHA/MSDS standards.
• Maintaining an active forklift certification.
• Performing or assisting in building, grounds, and equipment maintenance as assigned.
To perform these assigned duties, you'll use the following equipment:
• Sit-down, stand-up, reach truck, sweeper scrubber, scissor lift, cherry picker, or pallet jack.
• Ability to follow established procedures and instructions.
• Ability to accomplish tasks in a timely manner.
• Ability to adapt to change and work in a fast-pace environment.
• Ability to pass and maintain an active FL certification
• Ability to pass site specific forklift certifications.
• RF Skills: ability to understand and perform job tasks using WM4000.
• Computer Skills: ability to understand and perform some job tasks using a computer.
• Must have basic reading, writing, and arithmetic skills.
• Strong attention-to-detail, accuracy, problem-solving skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently or within a group.
All shifts available:
• Monday - Friday 7am to 3pm
• Monday - Friday 3pm to 11pm
• Sunday - Thursday 11pm - 7am
• Weekend schedules available
We are Equal Opportunity Employers. No qualified applicant's consideration for employment will be limited or excluded because of his or her race, color, national origin, age, religion/creed, sex, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, military/veteran status, or any other status protected by Federal or State law.